This year, the Minnesota Libraries’ summer reading program is called, Bookawocky. I’ve copied the information from Hennepin County and Ramsey County, but you should be able to find this program at most libraries in Minnesota.
Hennepin County Libraries’ program runs from June 11-August 19, 2012.
- Win books: For every book you read over the summer, enter Read.Write.Draw online or at your library and you could win a book! You also have a chance to win fun Bookawocky prizes every time you create a Readers’ List or answer a Book Blast question on KidLinks.
- Attend cool programs: Keep your math, reading and science skills up this summer while having fun! Pick up a summer guide at the library or visit hclib.org/events to find programs.
- Join a book club: Hang out with other kids and talk about cool books. Book clubs meet at several libraries and online through KidLinks.
- Find awesome books: Discover great books at your library or browse reading lists and read other kids’ reviews at KidLinks. Each week KidLinks will feature a different type of book (like adventure, scary, or funny books) and you can vote for your favorites.
Ramsey County Libraries’ program runs from June 9-August 12, 2012.
Get reading with “Bookawocky,” Ramsey County Library’s 2012 Summer Reading Program! Designed to inspire and encourage children of all ages to read as much as they want throughout the summer, the Summer Reading Program is a fun way to explore new books.
- Ages 4 and under – Pick up a special reading record at your local library. Color in an item each day you read or have books read to you. After 14* days of reading, bring the record to any Ramsey County Library for a prize!
- Ages 5 – 11 – Track the amount of time you spend reading with a reading record from Ramsey County Library. After recording 20 hours*, present your reading record to library staff to receive prizes.
- Ages 12 - 19 - All you have to do is read a book and tell us what you think of it. Fill out our NEW online review slip to enter into a weekly prize drawing. You can enter as many reviews as you like and there are no limits on prizes. Your reviews will be posted in our library catalog and the best ones will be featured on Ramsey County Library’s website each week!
Please note: The Summer Reading Program is NOT competitive. Not all activities and prizes are appropriate for children under five years old. Some coupons may have age limits. All prizes available while supplies last.